Building a successful marketing campaign is like eating a well-balanced diet. Imagine parents trying to introduce their baby to new foods. Although they might focus on a particular food for a meal, they aim to create a rich and varied diet for their child. Each type of food has different benefits that help the child become healthy and strong. The different parts of the body all require different nutrients to keep them functioning properly. If a person’s diet becomes too concentrated on a particular food, they’ll end up short of the nutrients found in other types of foods. This can result in a variety of disorders resulting from nutritional deficiencies.
A Similar Concept Applies to Business Promotion and Marketing
It’s easy in business to limit yourself to just a few marketing techniques. You might look at the success others are having on social media and want to confine your marketing to social media. Or, if your company’s been around for several decades, you might feel reluctant to dive into new digital and inbound marketing techniques and try instead to keep growing your business using cold calls and other outbound techniques.
This level of restriction will seriously deplete your business of the growth it needs to succeed in the modern market. Just like a person who eats only pasta dishes, your business might continue to grow, but without many key nutrients needed to sustain that growth. Eventually, the person trying to survive on only pasta will notice they don’t feel as healthy as they once did, and you’ll notice the same about your business if you limit yourself to just one or two marketing strategies.
Developing a Well-Rounded Marketing Campaign
It’s important in business to maintain a balanced diet of marketing techniques. This means integrating a variety of different marketing strategies to reach your targeted audience efficiently. Every company will have different marketing platforms and systems that work best for them. Finding the right balance can help your company stay healthy and prosper.
With that in mind, here are a few steps to consider as you begin to plan an integrated campaign across several platforms.
- Carefully identify the ideal buyer for your brand by analyzing current customers and using market research.
- Determine where your ideal customers can be found through research and speaking with existing customers.
- Implement a campaign across the key platforms identified.
- Measure what aspects of the campaign are most successful at bringing in new customers.
- Adjust the marketing strategies to account for these strengths and weaknesses within the campaign, then run a new campaign.
- If particular aspects of the campaign failed to produce enough results, don’t be afraid to eliminate them and try something new.
- Allocate more resources to the most successful parts of the campaign to maximize the budget.
It’s important to build a healthy mix to strengthen your business and maximize the opportunities for reaching new customers. If you’re interested in learning more about beginning a new marketing campaign, contact us today. We’d be happy to help you get started.